Contribute to your Educators Financial Group investment account through online banking!
As an Educators Financial Group investing client, you can now make contributions to your Educators’ account(s) through online bill payment.
Participating banking institutions
- BMO Bank of Montreal
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (including Simplii)
- National Bank of Canada
- RBC Royal Bank
- TD Canada Trust
How to use this service
Simply sign onto your banking institution’s website and add Educators Financial Group as a bill payee to your personal online banking account. Adding Educators Financial Group as a bill payee gives you the ability to transfer cash from your personal bank account to your RRSP, RESP, TFSA, and Non-Registered investment account(s)(1), as contributions. Loan and Line of Credit account payments are excluded. Educators Financial Group investing clients must contribute a minimum of $500.
Setup in 5 easy steps
Simply follow the 5 steps below to contribute to your Educators investment account(s) online:
- Sign into your bank’s online banking system.
- Navigate to the ‘Add Payee’ section.
- Add “Educators Financial Group” as a ‘payee’.
- Add your Educators Financial Group ‘account number’.
- Make a contribution (minimum $500): Forward a signed letter of direction (PDF instructions) to our office by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 1.888.662.2209; or call us at 1.800.263.9541 and provide instructions for the deposit.
If we do not receive contribution instructions, the contribution will be invested into the Educators Money Market fund.
- You will be required to repeat the five steps above for each Educators account that you would like to add to your bank’s online bill payment. For example, you will repeat the process for each of your eligible Educators accounts using the correct account numbers, as indicated on your statement. Important: Review your account/s statement to ensure you are applying the correct account number(s).
- Online contributions are not received immediately at Educators; timing will vary depending on your banking institution and may take one to three business days to process. Educators’ clients must contribute a minimum of $500.
Errors and corrections
If any error is made in the process of adding Educators as a payee or submitting a transaction to Educators, the payor must contact his/her banking institution. Errors may include:
- Payee type was entered incorrectly
- The wrong account number was entered
- The incorrect amount was entered
Please contact your banking institution for more details on how to add Educators as ‘payee’ to your online banking.
(1) Eligible accounts include registered accounts (RRSP, RESP and TFSA), and Non-Registered investment accounts. Annuitants will not be able to contribute to a Locked-In Account or a RRIF. Excludes Loan and Line of Credit account payments. Educators’ investing clients must contribute a minimum of $500.