Solutions to Managing Volatility for Long-Term Success
Principal Protected Notes can help reduce the impact of market volatility on your portfolio.
Principal Protected Notes blend the characteristics of growth-oriented and yield-generating investments while protecting your principal. Innovative and tax-efficient, principal protected solutions are available with a variety of terms and features.
Underlying assets may include:
- Mutual funds
- Interest rates
- Foreign currencies
- Principal Protected Notes provide the best of both worlds – security and higher return potential – in one, simple solution
- Provides peace of mind – Guaranteed by the Bank of Montreal
- Exposure to equity market growth without downside risk
GROWTH in our portfolio is essential as we are:
- Living longer
- Spending more time in retirement
- All saving for something
PPNs may be suitable for you if you:
- Prefer the safety of conventional bonds and GICs but seek higher potential returns
- Wish to participate in the potential growth of equity or commodity markets, without the risk of losing your initial capital investment
- Seek the potential to receive interest payments linked to the performance of the underlying assets
- Would like to include fixed-term investments as part of your portfolio
- Believe in a buy-and-hold investment strategy
- Generally prefer investments that do not require active management
PPNs may be:
- An attractive investment alternative to both direct equity investing and traditional fixed income products.
- Different from conventional fixed income investments. The Deposit Notes do not provide investors with a return or income stream prior to the Maturity Date, nor do they provide a return that is calculated or determined by reference to a fixed or floating rate of interest.
- Suitable only for investors who: (i) are prepared to assume risks with respect to a return linked to the price performance of the Shares; (ii) are prepared to hold the Deposit Notes to maturity; (iii) do not require a guaranteed return; and (iv) understand the terms of the Deposit Notes and the risks involved in holding the Deposit Notes.
Are you wondering whether current market activity should impact the investments you hold? If you have worked with your Educators Financial Planner, your planner has helped you build a portfolio that reflects your long-term (or short-term) investment goals.
If you wish to discuss your investment or your financial plan with your Educators investment specialist, call 1.800.263.9541 today.