EDUCATORS FINANCIAL GROUP
2023 SUBSCRIBE-TO-WIN CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”)
1. No purchase necessary. The Contest runs from 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 1, 2023 and closes on June 30, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). This Contest is managed by Educators Financial Group Inc. (“Educators” or the “Sponsor”). All amounts in these rules refer to Canadian dollars.
2. To enter and to be eligible to win, the entrant must (1) be either an active or retired teaching or non-teaching educational worker in a province in Canada, which includes staff of a board of education, a university, a college, a private educational facility, an education consortium or affiliate (including the Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation and other education unions), or their family members, (2) be a resident of Ontario or British Columbia, (3) have reached the age of majority in their province of residence by January 1, 2023 and (4) not be an employee, representative or agent of, or domiciled with an employee, representative or agent of, Educators, its affiliates, marketing and advertising agencies, or suppliers.
3. To enter the 2023 Subscribe-to-Win Contest (the “Contest”), you must sign up to Educators Financial Group’s eNewsletter as described on the main contest page (https://www.educatorsfinancialgroup.ca/affiliate/enews/) during the Contest Period. Only subscriptions from the forms specified on the aforementioned page are guaranteed to be counted. Subscription must be verified to be included as an entry.
4. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per individual. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) exceed any of the limits stated in these Contest Rules; and/or (ii) use multiple names, identities or email addresses to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. An Entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) it is not fully completed with all required information and received in accordance with these Contest Rules. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete, illegible or incompatible Contest-related information (which is void). All Entries and entrants are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Contest-related information submitted or received (or purportedly submitted or received) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Contest Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
5. There are five (5) electronic gift cards (“e-gift card”) (“gift card”), each valued at $50 (fifty dollars), available to be won during the Contest Period. Winners can choose their own gift card from the selection offered by Educators Financial Group. There is a maximum of one (1) prize per person.
6. Five (5) separate and random draws will be made, each draw for a $50 e-gift card, throughout the Contest Period from all eligible entries submitted into the contest through the main Contest page up to and including the Contest Closing Date. Each separate and random draw will take place in Toronto, Ontario on or about the following draw dates by an independent selection team, as follows:
The winner from one draw will not be reentered into the contest for a chance to win another draw for a prize.
7. Odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received by the end of the month for each prize and by the Contest Closing Date.
8. Sponsor acting reasonably will attempt to contact the potential winner by email using the email address entered into the contest within five (5) days after the draw. Proof of identification must be provided upon request.
9. In order to claim the designated Prize, winning entrant will be required to: correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by mail or phone; sign and return a standard liability release and publicity release within 7 days of Prize notification; and otherwise comply with all Contest Rules.
10. Subject to any changes by Educators Financial Group, the e-gift card options are from the following companies (subject to change):
11. If a winning entrant cannot be contacted or has not responded within a reasonable time, is not eligible in accordance with these Contest Rules, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, does not sign and return any requested document within the specified time, or otherwise comply with these Contest Rules, the selected entrant will be disqualified and will not receive the designated Prize and another entrant will be selected.
12. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or amend the Contest without prior notice at any time and for any reason. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
13. All decisions of the Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
14. Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, illegible, or misdirected entries.
15. E-gift cards fall under the rules and regulations, terms and conditions of each company issuing the e-gift card, as amended from time to time. Sponsor or the companies issuing the e-gift cards will not be responsible for any lost, stolen, or misplaced gift cards or gift cards that have expired with a balance remaining on them after they have been delivered to the winner, or any fees or charges associated with e-gift cards in any way. E-gift cards will not be replaced, refunded or reimbursed if lost, stolen or misplaced. Purchase amounts that exceed the value of e-gift cards will require payment by the user by some other method for the balance due.
16. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees and acknowledges that Educators Financial Group and Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation, their affiliates and advertising and promotions agencies, and each of their respective employees, officers, shareholders, representatives, directors and agents (collectively ‘Releasees’) are not responsible for and shall not be liable for any injury or other damage to person or property of any kind or any other liability, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, from accessing, downloading or transmitting any material from the contest website or is otherwise related to the Contest or Prize. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, relating to this Contest or Prize.
18. All entries become the property of Educators Financial Group. The winner, by entering the Contest, consents to the use of their names, city of residence, comments, photographs, images, and/or likenesses, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by Educators in connection with this Contest.
19. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By entering this Contest, all winners consent to the use of their name, city of residence, comments and/or photograph, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by Sponsor in connection with this Contest.
20. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by any social media platforms on which the Contest may have been promoted and/or publicized, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter. You understand that by participating in the Contest you are providing your information to Educators Financial Group and not to Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter (except as otherwise specified in the Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter platform terms). You agree to completely release Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter of all liability in connection with this Contest. Any questions or comments regarding a Contest must be directed to Educators Financial Group and not to any of the social media platforms on which the Contest may have been advertised or administered.
21. For a winner’s list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope after July 31, 2023 and before September 1, 2023 with a request to: 2023 Subscribe-to-Win Contest – Winner’s List, Educators Financial Group, Attention: Marketing Team, 2225 Sheppard Avenue E., Suite 1105, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 5C2.
22. The Contest and the Contest rules will be exclusively governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be governed by the laws of Ontario and shall be adjudicated in the applicable court in Toronto, Ontario.