EDUCATORS FINANCIAL GROUP
2023 FINANCIAL PLANNING CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”)
1. No purchase necessary. The Contest runs from August 15, 2023 to October 20, 2023 (the “Contest Period”). This Contest is managed by Educators Financial Group Inc. (“Educators” or the “Sponsor”). All amounts in these rules refer to Canadian dollars.
2. To be eligible for the Contest, a person must (1) be either an active or retired teaching or non-teaching educational worker in a province in Canada, which includes staff of a board of education, a university, a college, a private educational facility, an education consortium or affiliate (including the Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation and other education unions), or their family members, (2) be a resident of Ontario or British Columbia, (3) have reached the age of majority in their province of residence by January 1, 2023 and (4) not be an employee, representative or agent of, or domiciled with an employee, representative or agent of, Educators, its affiliates, marketing and advertising agencies, or suppliers. This offer cannot be combined with any other offers.
3. Book a consultation with a financial advisor during the Contest Period (August 15, 2023 to October 20, 2023) AND meet with that advisor by November 30, 2023 and automatically receive an entry into the Contest.
4. You are required to meet either in-person, or virtually, for a one-hour consultation to discuss your finances. You are not required to open an account to be eligible for the contest.
5. The consultation is completely free of charge and will require 60 minutes of your time.
6. The contest is for new clients only. Existing clients who have a designated financial advisor do not qualify for this specific contest.
7. If a spouse or common in law is attending the consultation as well, you will receive one entry into the contest. You will receive one entry per consultation, not per person.
8. If you are a lending only client of Educators (i.e., do not hold any investments with us) and would like to discuss a financial plan or investing you will be eligible for the contest.
9. If the consultation is cancelled and not rescheduled you will not be eligible for the contest.
10. All consultations must be booked by October 20, 2023, and take place before or on November 30, 2023, to be eligible for the contest. Exceptions may be made for reschedules.
11. No purchase necessary method of entry. To enter the contest to win one of four $100 Michaels® gift cards, prepare and send an original, legible hand-written essay of 500 words or more about the importance of financial literacy and send the essay along with your name, complete address and daytime phone number to: 2023 Financial Planning Contest, 2225 Sheppard Avenue E., Suite 1105, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 5C2. Essays must be postmarked no later than October 20, 2023. Mail-In Requests become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. If an eligible Mail-in Request is received, the applicable eligible entrant that submitted such Mail-in Request will be provided with one (1) entry.
12. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per individual regardless of the method of entry. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) exceed any of the limits stated in these Contest Rules; and/or (ii) use multiple names, identities or email addresses to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. An Entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) it is not fully completed with all required information and received in accordance with these Contest Rules. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete, illegible or incompatible Contest-related information (which is void). All Entries and entrants are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Contest-related information submitted or received (or purportedly submitted or received) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Contest Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
13. Each eligible meeting, as outlined in paragraph 3, will be eligible to be entered in a draw for a $100 Michaels gift card. The amount of the prize will be awarded as follows:
14. There are four prizes of $100 Michaels® gift card available to be won during the Contest Period. Odds of winning the prize are dependent upon the number of entries received during the Contest Period.
15. One (1) eligible entrant will be selected by random draw on December 15th, 2023 from all eligible entries. The selected entrant will be contacted by email. In order to win, the selected entrants will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question, sign and return a standard liability release and publicity release within 14 days of prize notification, and otherwise comply with the Contest rules. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted or has not responded within 5 business days, is not eligible in accordance with these Contest rules, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, does not sign and return any requested document within the specified time, or otherwise comply with these Contest rules, the selected entrant will be disqualified and will not receive the designated prize and another entrant will be selected. After January 15th, 2024, all prize claims shall be null, and void and no more prizes will be awarded.
16. All prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or substitutable and will be awarded to the winner only. Prizes may be deposited to an Educators account of the confirmed winner’s choice or if the winner does not hold an Educators Account, the funds will be sent via an electronic funds transfer.
17. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all entrants and without appeal. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, misdirected, late, lost, stolen, illegible, tampered, altered, or destroyed essay entries.
18. By participating in the Contest, you agree and acknowledge that Educators and the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation, their affiliates and advertising and contests agencies, and each of their respective employees, officers, shareholders, representatives, directors, and agents (collectively ‘Releasees’) are not responsible for and shall not be liable for any injury or other damage to person or property of any kind or any other liability arising from participation in the Contest or use or misuse of a prize. Participants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, relating to this Contest or receipt, use, or misuse of a prize.
19. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for any printing, distribution, production, or other errors and may terminate or withdraw the Contest without liability and at their sole discretion. In no event will more than the number and type of prizes listed in these rules be awarded.
20. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value and to cancel, suspend, modify or amend the Contest without prior notice at any time and for any reason. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with, or attempts to tamper with, the entry process or violates any of the Contest Rules. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible to the fullest extent permitted by law.
22. All entries become the property of Educators Financial Group. The winner, by entering the Contest, consents to the use of their names, city of residence, comments, photographs, images, and/or likenesses, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by Educators in connection with this Contest.
23. For a Winner’s List, send a self-addressed stamped envelope with a request to 2023 Financial Planning Contest, Educators Financial Group, 2225 Sheppard Avenue E., Suite 1105, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 5C2.
24. The Contest and the Contest rules will be exclusively governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be governed by the laws of Ontario and shall be adjudicated in the applicable court in Toronto, Ontario.