EDUCATORS FINANCIAL GROUP
2022 PRINCIPALS BREAKFAST CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”)
1. No purchase necessary. The Contest runs from April 13, 2022 to May 31, 2022 (the “Contest Period”). This Contest is managed by Educators Financial Group Inc. (“Educators” or the “Sponsor”). All amounts in these rules refer to Canadian dollars.
2. To be eligible for the Contest, a person must (1) be either an active or retired principal or vice-principal in a province in Canada, which includes board of education, a university, a college, a private educational facility, an education consortium or affiliate (including the Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation and other education unions) (2) be a resident of Ontario or British Columbia, (3) have reached the age of majority in their province of residence by January 1, 2022 and (4) not be an employee, representative or agent of, or domiciled with an employee, representative or agent of, Educators, its affiliates, marketing and advertising agencies, or suppliers.
3. Book a 1-hour financial consultation and meet with an Educator’s financial advisor and automatically receive an entry into the Contest. You will be required to meet with an Educators’ financial advisor before or on May 31, 2022, to receive a valid entry and be eligible for the staff breakfast prize, valued at $500.
4. Booked but cancelled appointments will not qualify for the contest.
5. Appointments booked before May 31, 2022, but to be taken place after May 31 will not be eligible for the contest prize.
6. Meeting can take place in-person or virtually via Teams/Google Meets/Zoom as agreed upon by yourself and the financial advisor.
7. No purchase necessary method of entry. You do not need to become a client of Educators Financial Group to qualify for the contest. Eligibility is determined by meeting taking place within the outlined timeframe (April 13-May 31, 2022).
8. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per individual regardless of the method of entry. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) exceed any of the limits stated in these Contest Rules; and/or (ii) use multiple names, identities or email addresses to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. An Entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) it is not fully completed with all required information and received in accordance with these Contest Rules. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete, illegible or incompatible Contest-related information (which is void). All Entries and entrants are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Contest-related information submitted or received (or purportedly submitted or received) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Contest Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
9. Each eligible meeting, as outlined in paragraph 3, will be eligible to be entered in a draw for one (1) breakfast prize paid for by Educator’s Financial Group and valued up to ($500) five-hundred dollars.
10. There is one (1) prize available to be won during the Contest Period. Odds of winning a prize are dependent upon the number of entries received during the Contest Period.
11. Educators Financial Group can facilitate the logistics of the breakfast upon request (ie. selection and delivery of food items).
12. Educators Financial Group is not responsible for coordinating attendance and location of the breakfast.
13. One (1) eligible entrant will be selected by random draw on June 8, 2022, from all eligible entries. The selected entrant will be contacted by email. In order to win, the selected entrants will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question, sign and return a standard liability release and publicity release within 10 days of prize notification, and otherwise comply with the Contest rules. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted or has not responded within 5 business days, is not eligible in accordance with these Contest rules, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, does not sign and return any requested document within the specified time, or otherwise comply with these Contest Rules, the selected entrant will be disqualified and will not receive the designated prize and another entrant will be selected. After June 30, 2022, all prize claims shall be null, and void and no more prizes will be awarded.
14. Prize must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or substitutable and will be awarded to the winner only.
15. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all entrants and without appeal. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, misdirected, late, lost, stolen, illegible, tampered, altered, or destroyed essay entries.
16. By participating in the Contest, you agree and acknowledge that Educators and the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation, their affiliates and advertising and contests agencies, and each of their respective employees, officers, shareholders, representatives, directors, and agents (collectively ‘Releasees’) are not responsible for and shall not be liable for any injury or other damage to person or property of any kind or any other liability arising from participation in the Contest or use or misuse of a prize. Participants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, relating to this Contest or receipt, use, or misuse of a prize.
17. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for any printing, distribution, production, or other errors and may terminate or withdraw the Contest without liability and at their sole discretion. In no event will more than the number and type of prizes listed in these rules be awarded.
18. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value and to cancel, suspend, modify or amend the Contest without prior notice at any time and for any reason. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with, or attempts to tamper with, the entry process or violates any of the Contest Rules. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible to the fullest extent permitted by law.
20. All entries become the property of Educators Financial Group. The winner, by entering the Contest, consents to the use of their names, city of residence, comments, photographs, images, and/or likenesses, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by Educators in connection with this Contest.
21. For a Winner’s List, send a self-addressed stamped envelope with a request to 2022 Principals Breakfast Contest, Educators Financial Group, 2225 Sheppard Avenue E., Suite 1105, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 5C2.
22. The Contest and the Contest Rules will be exclusively governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be governed by the laws of Ontario and shall be adjudicated in the applicable court in Toronto, Ontario.