EDUCATORS FINANCIAL GROUP
2021 BACK TO SCHOOL ENEWS CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”)
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS (“RULES”)
1. The Contest runs from August 23, 2021 at 12:00 am (EST) to September 6, 2021 at 11:59 pm (EST) (the “Contest Period”). This Contest is managed by Educators Financial Group Inc. (“Educators” or the “Sponsor”). All amounts in these rules refer to Canadian dollars.
2. To be eligible to enter, a person must (1) be a resident of Ontario, (2) have reached the age of majority in their province of residence, and (3) not be an employee, representative or agent of, or domiciled with an employee, representative or agent of, Educators Financial Group, its affiliates, marketing, and advertising agencies, suppliers, or contest judges.
3. No purchase necessary. To enter the Back to School eNews Contest, you must sign up to Educators Financial Group’s eNewsletter as described on the main contest page. Only subscriptions from the form specified on the main contest page are guaranteed to be counted. Subscriptions must be verified to be included as entries. Limit one (1) entry per person, and per e-mail address.
4. There will be a total of three (3) Staples’ gift cards, valued at fifty dollars ($50) each, awarded from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
5. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, substituted, or exchanged, in whole or in part, for another prize or for money, unless otherwise agreed to by the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value if the advertised Prize is unavailable.
6. Odds of winning are dependent on the total number of eligible entries received.
7. Three (3) potential winning entries will be randomly drawn on September 8, 2021 from all eligible entries received through the main contest page during the Contest Period. Prize winners will be informed by email. If a winning entrant cannot be contacted by email with the email provided at entry on the contest page within (10) business days of the official draw date, is not eligible in accordance with these Contest Rules, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, does not sign and return any requested document within the specified time, or otherwise comply with these Contest Rules, the selected entrant will be disqualified and will not receive the Prize and a new potential winner will be drawn from the remaining eligible contest entries.
8. In order to claim the Prize, winning entrant will be required to: correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by mail or phone; sign and return Educators Financial Group’s standard liability release and publicity release form within 10 business days of Prize notification; and otherwise comply with all Contest Rules.
9. The drawing will be conducted by Educators Financial Group, the judge of the Contest, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Contest shall be final.
10. The Sponsor shall not assume any liability for lost, misdirected, delayed, or destroyed prizes while in transit from the Sponsors’ premises.
11. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all entrants and without appeal. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws. The Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, misdirected, late, lost, stolen, illegible, tampered, altered, or destroyed essay entries.
12. By participating in the Contest, you agree and acknowledge that Educators and the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation, their affiliates and advertising and contests agencies, and each of their respective employees, officers, shareholders, representatives, directors, and agents (collectively ‘Releasees’) are not responsible for and shall not be liable for any injury or other damage to person or property of any kind or any other liability arising from participation in the Contest or use or misuse of a prize. Participants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, relating to this Contest or receipt, use, or misuse of a prize.
13. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for any printing, distribution, production, or other errors and may terminate or withdraw the Contest without liability and at their sole discretion. In no event will more than the number and type of prizes listed in these rules be awarded.
14. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value and to cancel, suspend, modify, or amend the Contest without prior notice at any time and for any reason. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with, or attempts to tamper with, the entry process or violates any of the Contest Rules. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible to the fullest extent permitted by law.
16. All entries become the property of Educators Financial Group. The winner, by entering the Contest, consents to the use of their names, city of residence, comments, photographs, images, and/or likenesses, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by Educators in connection with this Contest.
17. The Contest and the Contest rules will be exclusively governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be governed by the laws of Ontario and shall be adjudicated in the applicable court in Toronto, Ontario.
18. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by any social media platforms on which the Contest may have been promoted and/or publicized, including but not limited to Facebook and/or Twitter. You understand that by participating in the Contest you are providing your information to Educators Financial Group and not to Facebook/Instagram (except as otherwise specified in the Facebook and/or Twitter platform terms). You agree to completely release Facebook and/or Twitter of all liability in connection with this Contest. Any questions or comments regarding a Contest must be directed to Educators Financial Group and not to any of the social media platforms on which the Contest may have been advertised or administered.
19. For a Winner’s List, send a self-addressed stamped envelope with a request to 2021 BACK TO SCHOOL ENEWS CONTEST, Educators Financial Group, 2225 Sheppard Avenue E., Suite 1105, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 5C2.