We are hiring a full-time, permanent Transfers Administrator!
This is a hybrid role. It will ensure that the Operations department maintains a superior level of service to internal clients and members of the education community, while achieving (or exceeding) the departmental and organizational goals and objectives. The education community primarily includes members of the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF/FEESO), the Ontario English Catholic Teachers Association (OECTA), the Elementary Teachers Federation (ETFO) employee groups, and some members of Ontario Universities and their family members.
The Transfers Administrator provides centralized administrative support in the internal transfer of registered funds between financial institutions.
This role is a key component to the overall success of the client advisory team by reducing administrative efforts, creating consistency in transfers processing, and reducing duplication of effort, in support of our value proposition.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Processing and maintaining transfers from other financial institutions, including following up with fund companies to rectify any discrepancies
- Preparing all Power of Attorney forms and issuing set-up blotters to required institutions
- Verifying and processing transfers-in received by cheque or in-kind, ensuring CRA regulations are followed for tax coding and pension regulations
- Responding to Service Inbox and telephone inquiries relating to client transfers
- Providing centralized support to Client Advisory Team by reviewing and ensuring that all inbound transfers are completed in good order before submission to relinquishing institutions, ensuring minimal delays in client requests
- Managing invoice payments and cheque requisitions in relation to transfer fees
- Ensuring accuracy in documentation and that financial/non-financial transactions are completed and processed to meet service level agreement timelines
- Suggesting and implementing procedural changes as related to efficiencies in transfers processing
- Delivering monthly reporting of transfer results to Client Advisory Team to help support sales tracking and forecasting
- Providing miscellaneous support on request including but not exclusive of: filing, photocopying, scanning, printing and binding, typing documents, faxing internal/external documents, organizing stationery and forms, reception duties etc.
- Providing back-up and assistance to Operations team by processing trades and other duties as required
- Post-secondary education, college diploma or university degree
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role in the Financial Services/Investment/Banking industry
- Familiarity with Fundserv, FundCom and RPM systems
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Teams, Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to handle inquiries from several sources (email, phone, fax) and provide high quality response
- High level of accuracy, attention to details
- Interpersonal and client service skills, exercising discretion and respecting confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Highly motivated, displays excellent judgment and takes initiative
- Ability to work effectively and productively with minimal supervision
- Quick learner, flexible and excellent ability to follow instructions
- Completion or working towards the Canadian Investment Funds Operations Course (CIFOC)
Interested in applying for this position?
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume by email with the job title and area in the subject line to email@example.com. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Educators Financial Group is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. If selected for an interview and require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during the process, please notify Educators Financial Group at firstname.lastname@example.org so appropriate arrangements can be made.