Educators Financial Group is seeking an Accountant to join our team.
We are owned by the Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF/FEESO) and our clients consist of members of the education community including: Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation (OSSTF/FEESO), the Ontario English Catholic Teachers Association (OECTA) and the Elementary Teachers Federation (ETFO) and their families.
The accountant is a key member of the Finance department. The role is primarily responsible for:
- Full cycle Accounts Payable function (including coding, inputting into Accpac, cheque/EFT production, etc.)
- Corporate card and employee expense processing and analyses
- Account reconciliations
- Account analyses
- Providing backup support to other members of the Finance team, as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager
If you feel that you have the qualifications and experience, please submit your cover letter and résumé as instructed below.
- University degree majoring in accounting studies
- Intermediate level in CPA program
- 2 year(s) of corporate accounting and accounts payable experience, preferably at a financial institution
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, formulas, etc.)
- Working knowledge and experience with financial applications such as Accpac and web-based banking applications considered an asset
- Detail-oriented with the ability to handle large transaction volumes
- Be able to work independently (self-starter)
- Strong team player
- Good communication (both written and oral) skills
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills as it relates to both internal and external stakeholders
Interested in applying for this position?
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume by email with the job title and area in the subject line to email@example.com. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Educators Financial Group is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. If selected for an interview and require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during the process, please notify Educators Financial Group at firstname.lastname@example.org so appropriate arrangements can be made.